- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 link sweet Italian sausage (about 3 ounces), casing discarded
- 1 baking potato, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
In a medium skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 5 minutes. Add the potato and butter, lower the heat and simmer until the butter is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk and eggs until smooth. Stir in the sausage-potato mixture.
Using a waffle maker, cook the waffles according to the manufacturers directions.