Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 rosemary sprigs, plus 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- In a large pot, combine the potatoes and rosemary sprigs. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the rosemary. Drain the potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water. Reduce the heat to low. Return the potatoes to the pot and toss 1 to 2 minutes to thoroughly dry.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tsp. chopped rosemary and 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium, swirling the skillet occasionally, until the rosemary is crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup EVOO and enough reserved cooking water to make the mixture smooth. Mix in the lemon zest; season. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the rosemary oil.