Makes: 8 to 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Roast: 45 mins
- 2 large eggplants (about 3 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Halved mini sweet peppers or sliced bell peppers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Pierce eggplants all over with a fork; place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Halve the eggplants lengthwise. Scrape the flesh into a bowl; discard the skins.
- Stir the EVOO, vinegar, garlic, herbs and lemon zest into the eggplant; season. Spoon into the mini peppers or serve with the bell pepper slices.