Yield: 3 cups
Prep: 15 mins
Roast: 45 mins
- 3 small beets
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 1 1/4cups finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/3cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Place the beets on a sheet of foil, drizzle with EVOO and wrap up, sealing the edges to make a pouch. Poke a small hole in the top of the pouch. Roast until fork-tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool. Open the pouch and discard the foil. Slip off the beet skins and discard; finely chop the beets.
- Transfer the beets to a bow. Toss with the watermelon, onion and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Add a hit of colorand flavorto fish tacos, or try it on top of goat cheese crostini.