Makes: 4 servings
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur, such as Chambord
- 12 slices (1/2-inch thick) challah or brioche, cut into 3-inch rounds
- 1 cup creme fraiche, greek yogurt or whipped cream
- In a saucepan, stir berries (reserve some for garnish), sugar and 2 tbsp. liqueur over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp. liqueur; remove from heat. Spoon 1 1/2 tbsp. warm berry mixture into each of 4 bowls. Top each with 1 bread round. Repeat layering 2 times. Top with remaining sauce. Gently press down. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Dollop with creme fraiche and garnish with the fresh berries.