Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound Oaxaca cheese (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Drizzle of honey
- Squeeze of lime
- Blue or yellow corn tortilla chips
- Rub the inside of a heavy pot or dutch oven with the cut side of the garlic. Add the white wine and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a bowl, toss the cheeses with the cornstarch. Working in 3 batches, gradually stir the cheese mixture into the wine until melted. Pour in the tequila and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is gently bubbling, about 2 minutes; season.
- To serve, stir in 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro, a drizzle of honey and a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately from the dutch oven or transfer to a fondue pot. Serve with blue or yellow corn tortilla chips.