Makes: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A few leaves basil, chopped
- A couple sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 small pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast, butterflied
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di parma
- A splash white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a bowl, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. Stir in the parmigiano-reggiano, garlic, parsley, basil and thyme. Place some of the ricotta mixture on each butterflied piece of chicken and fold the breast over. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap with the prosciutto.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Add the chicken bundles and brown over medium-high heat, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to the oven to cook through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and deglaze the pan with the wine. Swirl in the butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to serve.
- Serve this dish with an arugula-tomato salad.