- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken or veal cutlets (4-5 oz each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino-romano (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or sliced almonds toasted
- 1 small chile pepper (such as italian cherry, or fresno), seeded and finely chopped, or 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange or lemon zest
- 4 thin slices prosciutto de parma
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken (or veal) and cook, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, bring about 1/4 cup water and the sherry, if using, to a boil, scraping up the browned bits. In a small bowl, pour the liquid over the raisins and let plump for 5 minutes, then drain and chop. In a bowl, combine the raisins, cheese, parsley, pine nuts, chile, capers, garlic and zest.
Mound the stuffing onto the cutlets and wrap with the prosciutto. Top each with 1 piece of butter. Bake on a baking sheet until the prosciutto is crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.