- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, split
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 6- to 8-ounce pieces burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese, mashed
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- Salt and black pepper
- A few pinches crushed red pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a small bowl, mix the garlic with the EVOO.
Grill the bread until grill marks appear. Brush with the garlic oil, top with the oregano and spread with the cheese. Top with the tomatoes, basil and more oil; season with salt, black pepper and the red pepper.