Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/2cups apple cider
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- coarse salt
- 1/3cup EVOO
- 5 cups chopped butter lettuce (about 1 head)
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup shaved ricotta salata
- In a large saucepan, boil the apple cider over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toast the pistachios over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the brown sugar; stir to coat. Transfer to a piece of parchment and let cool.
- In a food processor, mix the reduced cider, shallots, vinegar, mustard and 1/2 tsp. salt. With the machine on, slowly pour in the EVOO; process until combined. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with half of the dressing, adding more dressing as desired (refrigerate any remaining dressing for another use). Add half of the pomegranate seeds and half of the cheese; toss. Sprinkle with the remaining pomegranate seeds, cheese and the candied pistachios. Serve immediately.