Makes: 10 servings
Yield: 24 bites
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 5 maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/3 cup diced pineapple, patted dry
- 1 16 1/2 ounce box yellow cake mix, prepared into batter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In the cups of two 12-cup mini-muffin tins, layer 1/2 tsp. butter, 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, a cherry piece, a single layer of pineapple (about 5 pieces) and about 1 tbsp. cake batter (cups should be about two-thirds full; save remaining cake batter for another use).
- Bake until golden-brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cupcakes, about 12 minutes. Immediately run a knife around the edge of each cake and invert to cool on a baking sheet. Serve warm or at room temperature.