Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetend coconut cream
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 whole pineapple-peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar and 2 tbsp. water over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Simmer, swirling occasionally and brushing down any sugar crystals from the sides with a wet pastry brush, until golden-brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream (the mixture will bubble up). Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the caramel darkens a shade and the sauce thickens slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the coconut evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, stirring occasionally and watching closely, until light golden, about 2 minutes.
- Skewer pineapple cubes with toothpicks and transfer to a platter. Drizzle with some coconut- caramel sauce and sprinkle with toasted coconut.