- About 1/2 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 organic pasteurized egg yolk, beaten (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino-romano, plus more fo topping
- Coarse black pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, split
- 4 petit filet steaks (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- Italian seasoning- or parmesan-flavored pita chips, such as Stacy's, crushed
Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO and the butter over medium-low heat until the butter foams. Stir in half of the anchovy paste and garlic and cook for 2 minutes; remove from the heat.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining anchovy paste and garlic, the lemon juice, worcestershire, mustard and egg yolk, if using. Whisk in about 1/3 cup cheese and lots of black pepper.
Brush the cut sides of the romaine with EVOO to lightly coat. Grill the romaine until charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
Grill the meat, turning once and basting with the anchovy butter, for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice.
Top the romaine with dressing, pita chips and cheese. Serve with the steak.