Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 lbs.), cut into 8 pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until golden-brown, 7 minutes. Turn and cook 7 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions, stirring, until golden, 7 minutes. Add the paprika and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, cover and simmer over medium-low until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain; return to the pot.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Add the peas to the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream and 1 1/2 cups sauce, then whisk mixture into the pan. Toss half the sauce with the noodles; divide among plates. Top with the chicken and remaining sauce.
- Give the sauce depth by adding some sliced white mushrooms.
Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken