Makes: 6 servings
Cook: 5 mins
- 1/4cup white wine
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a medium saucepan, heat the wine over medium heat. Add the cheddar, flour and mustard and cook, stirring frequently, until hot and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in some cream cheese and add jalapeno slices.
- Use a lager beer in place of the wine.
- Add cooked ground beef, chopped tomato and chopped sliced pickles.
- Sprinkle in cooked ground italian sausage, peppers and onions.
- Replace the white wine with apple cider and stir in a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add crumbled crispy bacon and blue cheese crumbles.
- Stir in shredded bite-size roast beef pieces and chopped cooked onions.
- Toss in chopped blanched broccoli florets.
- Replace part of the cheddar with monterey jack, parmesan and gruyere.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and pitted chopped black olives.
- Stir in some of your favorite hot sauce and shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Omit the dijon and replace one-third of the cheddar with mozzarella, then stir in tomato sauce and diced pepperoni.
- Replace the dijon with maple syrup and the wine with bourbon. Garnish with chopped toasted pecans.