- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 7 ounce package tuna, drained
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
In the same skillet, add the garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and cook over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Stir in the green beans and cannellini beans and cook until tender.
Add the pasta, tuna and lemon peel to the skillet and toss. Season with salt and pepper and top with the toasted crumbs. Serve with the lemon wedges.