Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups EVOO
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 lbs. total), cut into 1 1/2inch cubes
- 1/4 cup thin lemon peel strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients. Add the chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- In a small skillet, combine the lemon peel, lemon juice and salt. Cover and simmer until the peel is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer the peel to a small bowl. Add the EVOO, parsley and lime juice; whisk to make the vinaigrette.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Thread chicken onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers; season. Grill until the chicken is browned and cooked through, turning occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with the vinaigrette before serving.