- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 2 lemons-1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 cup couscous, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees . In a medium bowl, toss the lamb with the spices, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. In a large, heavy ovenproof pot or Dutch oven, cook the lamb in EVOO over medium-high until browned, 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring, until golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the carrots, nectar, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and the lamb; season and bring to a simmer. Cover, transfer to the oven and cook until tender, 1 1/4 hours. Season; add more lemon juice, if desired.
Divide the couscous and stew among bowls and sprinkle with the mint; serve with lemon wedges.