- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 large carrots (1 1/2 cups), peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) pitted prune
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 1 cup (6 oz.) whole-wheat couscous
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, plus whole leaves for serving
In a Dutch oven or medium pot, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the stock and prunes; season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the prunes soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package directions. Stir in the chopped cilantro, the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt.
Spread the couscous on a large platter. Top with the chicken mixture and cilantro leaves.