Makes: 8 servings
Yield: 36 Balls
Prep: 20 mins
- 1 12 ounce box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 6 tablespoons strong brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Finely ground espresso
- In a food processor, grind the wafers semi-fine; transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the pecans. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and cocoa.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rum, brewed espresso, corn syrup and salt. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix with your hands until combined.
- Roll 2 tbsp. of the dough into a ball; repeat with the remaining dough. Roll the balls in the espresso powder. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for 1 to 5 days.