Makes: 6 servings
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 1 hr
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted roasted mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell (9-inch)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, maple syrup and butter to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat; let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Stir in the cooled syrup mixture, then the nuts. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet and pour in the filling. Bake for 10 minutes. reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake until the crust is golden-brown and the filling is set, about 50 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips at medium power (50%) for 30 seconds. stir, then continue microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth. Dip the tines of a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle over the pie. let stand until the chocolate sets, about 20 minutes.