Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds large baking potatoes, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large pot of cold, salted water, bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard the skins and transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Mash with the warm milk and 2 tbsp. butter until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beef, eggs, worcestershire sauce and onion powder (if using) with two-thirds of the scallions, two-thirds of the parsley, 4 tbsp. of the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the mashed potatoes; season.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the beef mixture to the pan and shape into an 8-by-4-inch loaf. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir the remaining scallions, parsley and sour cream into the remaining mashed potatoes. Pat potatoes onto the meatloaf and dot with the remaining 1 tbsp. butter. Bake 15 minutes longer. Let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before serving.