- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 ripe but firm Hass avocado, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- Sea salt
In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the pecans and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the nuts turn a deeper brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the sugar and the cayenne and stir just until the sugar dissolves. Turn the nuts onto parchment or wax paper to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
In a large serving bowl, combine the greens, avocado, mango and pecans. Toss with the dressing and season to taste with salt.