Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Roast: 20 mins
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lemon, zested, plus 1 tbsp. juice
- 1 ounce shaved Manchego
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil. Season, then arrange Brussels sprouts, cut side down. Roast for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the almonds on top; continue roasting until the Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender and beginning to brown and the almonds are toasted, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and half the cheese to the Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat; season. Top with the remaining cheese.