Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tablespoon ground tumeric
- 4 eggs
- 4 1 ounce slices Canadian bacon
- 2 whole-grain English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 cup torn kale
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- In a food processor, mix the tofu, oil, garlic, 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar and the turmeric until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until just heated through; season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, bring 2 inches water to a simmer; add the remaining 1 tbsp. vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and gently pour it into the water. Quickly repeat with the remaining eggs and cook until the whites are firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the Canadian bacon over medium-low heat, turning once, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Top each English muffin half with 1 slice Canadian bacon, 1/4 cup kale and 1 poached egg. Spoon a quarter of the sauce over each egg and sprinkle with cayenne.