- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 crusty sesame kaiser rolls, split
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce from the heart, torn
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Olive oil potato chips in any flavor, for serving
Combine the lamb, grill seasoning, fennel seeds, oregano, cumin and crushed red pepper. Form into 4 patties.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, flipping once, for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Using a food processor fitted with a grating disk, grate the cucumber and garlic. Add the yogurt, feta and lemon juice and puree.
Spread some tzatziki sauce on the roll bottoms and top with the burgers, lettuce, tomato, red onion, more sauce and roll tops. Serve with the potato chips.