- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Coat the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch foil-lined baking dish with 1 tbsp. EVOO.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, raisins, parsley, mint, breadcrumbs, walnuts, salt and pepper. Crumble in the lamb. using your fingers, mix just until the meat and the egg mixture are thoroughly incorporated.
Roll the lamb mixture into 16 meatballs (about 2 inches). Place in the prepared baking dish in a grid formation, making sure the meatballs are touching.
Bake until the meatballs are firm and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees , about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.