Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 3 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen, thawed, about 14 oz..)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 liters seltzer
- 2 pints peach ice cream
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups raspberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens to a syrup, about 20 minutes. Strain through a finemesh sieve set over a medium bowl, pressing on the raspberries; discard the solids. Stir the lemon juice and vanilla into the raspberry syrup.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup raspberries in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water to a simmer over medium-high, stirring until the sugar dissolves (do not boil). Pour the mixture over the raspberries and let stand until they release their juices, about 30 minutes.
- Divide the raspberry syrup and seltzer among 8 tall glasses; stir gently to combine. Add 2 scoops of ice cream to each glass; garnish with whipped cream and the raspberry topping.