- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package saffron seasoning, such as Goya
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 12 Spanish olives
- Dash sherry (optional)
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat, until lightly browned. Add the tomato sauce, saffron seasoning, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt to taste.
Stir in the raisins, olives and sherry, if using. Simmer the stew, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.