Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 40 mins
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 400 degrees . Line a baking sheet with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In skillet, cook 1/4 cup chopped carrots and 1/2 cup diced cremini mushrooms in EVOO over medium heat. Add cooled veggies and fresh parsley and thyme to bison.
- Combine with quinoa, onion, garlic, egg, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Shape into a 5-by-8-inch rectangle on the sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together the cherry preserves and red wine vinegar; spoon half of the mixture over the loaf, spreading to cover. Bake, coating with the remaining glaze halfway through, until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees , 55 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.