- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 corn tortillas, halved, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups jarred mild tomato salsa
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, toss the tortilla strips with the EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake, switching and rotating the pans halfway through the baking time, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the beans and 1 cup salsa; bring to a simmer over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the bean mixture, cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, olives and remaining 1/2 cup salsa.