Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 50 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 30 ounce bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Position a rack in lower third of the oven; preheat to 375 degrees . Grease a 3-qt. baking dish. In a blender, mix the cream cheese, milk and butter until smooth.
- in a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cream cheese mixture and 3/4 cup scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking dish; smooth top. Using a ladle, make six shallow indentations in the hash browns. Bake until the edges are brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven. Preheat the broiler. Crack an egg into each indentation and season. Broil until the whites are set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place a slice of salmon and a dollop of sour cream next to each egg. Garnish with the lemon zest and scallions.