Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 5 mins
- 2 8 ounce packages haloumi cheese, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, sliced 1 inch thick
- EVOO, for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Slice each block of haloumi lengthwise into thirds, creating 6 slabs. Brush the watermelon with EVOO. Grill both the haloumi and watermelon, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes per side. Cut the watermelon from the rind, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Divide the haloumi and watermelon among plates, drizzle with the lemon juice and sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.