Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for grilling
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cans (8.5 oz. each) artichoke hearts, finely chopped and squeezed dry
- 10 ounces cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 12 thick slices challah bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large saucepan, melt 4 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 7 minutes; remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, 1/2 cup pecorino-romano, the paprika and mustard. Stir in the artichoke hearts and shrimp; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup pecorino-romano. Bake until warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- Butter the outsides of the bread slices and place a scoop of dip between 2 slices; grill until golden-brown on both sides.