- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 mangoes, 1 1/2 cut into matchsticks
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- Grated peel of lime, plus 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 pounds jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Preheat a grill pan to medium-high. Using a blender, puree the 1/2 uncut mango, shallot, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until opaque, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the jicama, cilantro, mint, lime peel and mango matchsticks with the dressing. To serve, sprinkle with the peanuts and top with the shrimp skewers.