Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 15 mins
- 1/2 pound crusty bread (such as boule) cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted olives (1 1/2 oz.), preferably kalamata
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Drizzle the bread with EVOO. Place on the grill or grill pan and cook, turning once, until toasty and charred in spots, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup EVOO, the tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Let stand.
- Drizzle the chicken with EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the grill or grill pan and cook, flipping once and rotating a quarter-turn halfway through cooking on each side, until just firm, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken on top of the panzanella.
- Try an herbed boule, like rosemary, to layer on more flavor, or a whole grain one for more nutrients and fiber.