- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 4 chilled romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 3 3/4 ounce can sardines packed in olive oil, drained and shredded with a fork, or 1 can (5 oz) albacore tuna
- 8 diagonal slices (1/2 inch thick) baguette
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat a grill to medium. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, worcestershire and 1/2 tsp. salt. Gradually whisk in 6 tbsp. EVOO until the dressing thickens.
Brush the cut sides of the romaine hearts with some of the dressing. Arrange the romaine cut side down on the grill and cook until lightly charred, about 1 minute. Divide, cut side up, among 4 plates. Top with the sardines.
Lower the heat to low. Lightly brush the baguette slices with the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO. Grill until lightly charred on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn, top each with some of the parmesan and grill until lightly charred on the second side, about 1 minute. Divide the crostini among the plates with the romaine. Drizzle the romaine with the remaining dressing. Top with the scallions and freshly cracked pepper.