Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 35 mins
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 lbs.), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 day-old baguette, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tomatoes, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat a grill to medium. Season the chicken. Grill, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the baguette with EVOO. Grill, cut side down, covered, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Cut the bread into 1-inch pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, basil, feta and olives. Toss with 3 tbsp. EVOO; season.
- Place the bread salad on a platter. Top with the chicken. Squeeze lemon over before serving.