Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 3 mins
- Ice water
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 pound small green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. In a nonreactive medium bowl, add the shallots, separating them with your fingers. Add 2 tbsp. vinegar and toss to coat; refrigerate.
- In a large pot of boiling, salting water, cook the green beans until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander, then transfer the colander immediately to the ice bath, stirring the beans gently to encourage even cooling.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp. vinegar, the paprika, Worcestershire and mustard; season with salt. Slowly drizzle in the EVOO, whisking constantly to thicken.
- Drain the beans and transfer to a towel; pat dry. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the shallots, discarding the liquid. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.