Yield: Four 9-inch pizzas or sixteen 3- to 4-inch pizzas.
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnishing
- Salt and pepper
- Best-Ever Pizza Dough
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 16 fresh figs, halved, or 24 small moist dried black mission figs, halved
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (about 4 ox.), such as gorgonzola dolce
- 8 thin slices prosciutto torn into wide strips
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate concentrate
- Preheat a grill to 500 degrees . In a small bowl, mix together the EVOO, shallots and sliced mint; season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat on one side of the grill to low. Oil the grate on that side of the grill. Move the shaped dough to the grill. Lower the edge of the dough onto the oiled grill, draping the dough perpendicular to the grate. For 9-inch pizzas, grill 2 crusts at a time. For 3- to 4-inch pizzas, grill 8 crusts at a time.
- Cover the grill and cook until the crusts begin to bubble and brown, about 3 minutes. Loosen the crusts with a metal spatula; cover and cook for 1 minute more. Flip the crusts; cook until beginning to brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Working in batches, invert the crusts onto a baking sheet. Brush with the mint oil. Divide the arugula, figs and gorgonzola among the crusts. Cover; cook until the arugula wilts, 2 minutes.
- Off the heat, top the pizzas with the prosciutto, pomegranate concentrate and mint sprigs.
- If you can't find pomegranate concentrate, boil 1 cup pomegranate juice (such as Pom) until it's reduced to 3 tbsp., about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.