Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4pound spinach linguine
- 2 ounces salami, thinly sliced, then cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 napa cabbage (1 lb.), quartered, then thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (5 oz.) baby arugula
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large, heavy skillet, cook the salami over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the EVOO and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until golden, 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; cook until the cabbage is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the arugula and cook, tossing, until just wilted.
- Add the drained pasta and reserved cooking water to the skillet, tossing well to mix; season with salt and pepper. Top with the salami and serve.
- ...toasted walnuts. Cook 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped nuts in a dry skillet until fragrant, sprinkle on top of the finished pasta.