Makes: 4 servings
Yield: 16 brownies
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line an 8-inch- square baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat the foil with cooking spray. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium. Off heat, whisk in the sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well between additions. Add the cocoa powder and flour; stir until just blended. Pour into the pan.
- Bake the brownies until a tester inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan set on a wire rack. Using the foil overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares.
- Mix 10 oz. white chocolate, melted, 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp. peppermint extract and 4 drops green food color. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan; chill until set. Mix 7 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted, and 1/2 cup heavy cream; spread over mint layer and chill until set.
- Stir 3/4 tsp. ground cardamom and 1 tsp. ground ginger into the batter; bake and let cool completely. In a medium saucepan, stir 5 oz. marshmallows, 1 1/2 tbsp. butter and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper over medium heat until smooth. Fold in 3 cups crisped rice cereal. Press onto brownies in the pan.
- Fold 1 1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts into the batter. Scatter 2 cups caramel popcorn over the batter before baking.
- Fold 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans into the batter before baking. Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream with 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan. Top with 1 cup toasted coconut.
- Mix 1 2/3 cups crushed graham crackers with 6 tbsp. melted butter, 3 tbsp. sugar and a pinch salt; press onto bottom of pan. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes; cool. Top with brownie batter; bake and cool. Scatter 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows on top; broil until golden, about 1 minute.
- Fold 3/4 cup dried cherries and 3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips into the batter before baking.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups toffee bits into the batter before baking. Spoon caramel sauce over cooled, sliced brownies. Top with a pinch sea salt.
- Beat 4 oz. room-temperature cream cheese, 1 egg yolk, 3 tbsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract until smooth; dollop over the batter in the pan. Stir 1/3 cup raspberry jam to loosen; dollop over the batter. Gently fold in spots to create swirls. Bake about 1 hour.
- Beat together 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 stick room-temperature butter, 2 tbsp. milk and 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan. Top with sprinkles and frosted animal crackers.
- Beat together 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 stick room-temperature butter, 2 tbsp. milk, 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and 2 drops yellow food color. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan. Top with chopped wafer cookies and Pop Rocks candies.
- Beat together 3/4 cup confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter (not natural), 1/2 stick room-temperature butter and 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan. Top with banana chips and crumbled bacon.
- Beat together 1 1/4cups malted milk powder, 1 stick room-temperature butter, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream and 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted. Spread over cooled brownies in the pan. Top with 1 bag (7 oz.) malted milk balls, halved.