Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2cups rice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 package (4 oz.) cured chorizo, cut into 1/4-by-1-inch matchsticks
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tsp. EVOO over medium-low heat. Stir in the rice, then add 2 2/3 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt; bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until tender, 17 minutes. Spread onto a baking sheet; refrigerate.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp. EVOO over medium heat. Add the eggs and season with salt. cook, stirring, until scrambled, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO, 2 tbsp. water, the green beans and 1/4 tsp. salt to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Add the chorizo and scallions and cook until the chorizo is browned, 2 minutes. Transfer to the eggs; reserve the skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the chilled rice. Cook undisturbed until a golden crust forms, 3 minutes. Break up and stir in the egg-chorizo mixture and cashews. Cook until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Can't find cured chorizo at your store? Use pepperoni instead and add 3/4 tsp. paprika and 1/2 tsp. each ground coriander and cumin.