- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a small bowl, soak the cranberries in 1 1/2 cups hot water until slightly softened, about 40 minutes; drain.
In a large bowl, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until lightly browned, about 30 minutes; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the farro until just tender, 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In a medium skillet, toast the pumpkin seeds over medium heat until puffed and pale brown, about 5 minutes; let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the farro, roasted squash, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, scallions, thyme and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.