Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 - 4 large everything bagels, thinly sliced, then cut into 2-inch-long pieces (about 6 cups)
- 12 slices bacon (12 oz.) , chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 300 degrees . Spread the bagel pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until toasted, about 30 minutes; let cool. Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees .
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Add the onion to the bacon drippings and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the broth and the eggs; season. Add the bagel pieces, bacon, onion and parsley; toss to combine. Let stand, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased shallow 2 1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake until the top is browned, about 45 minutes.