Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound sweet italian sausage, casings removed, meat torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the yogurt and garlic; season with salt and the cayenne.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the peas and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until just heated through. Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and toss, adding the remaining pasta water if needed to thin the sauce; season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture and mint.
- Add an extra layer of heat by using spicy italian sausage instead of sweet.
- ...chopped shrimp. Add 1/4 lb. raw shrimp tothe sausage during the last 4 minutes of cooking.