Makes: 6 servings
Yield: 16 bars
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and sugar. microwave at high power for 1 minute. Stir, then heat in 30-second intervals until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is spreadable.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Using your fingers, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the streusel is crumbly. Stir in the walnuts.
- Firmly press 2 cups of the streusel into the baking pan. Spread the cranberry mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.