- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, cut in half and 1 half juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 32 raw large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 - 3 12 ounce bottles Corona or other light lager beer
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together the honey, lime juice, soy sauce and mustard and set the glaze aside. Thread 4 shrimp and several pineapple chunks onto each of eight 10-inch wooden skewers.
Prepare a roasting pan by fitting it with a rack that covers the bottom. Pour 2 bottles of the beer into the pan; there should be at least 1/4 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pan (if not, add the third bottle of beer). Set the roasting pan over medium heat on the stovetop (the pan will span 2 burners) and bring the beer to a simmer. Season the skewers with salt and pepper and place on the rack in a single layer. Squeeze the remaining lime half over the skewers. Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil and steam until the shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Remove the kebabs from the pan and brush with the glaze. Serve immediately.