- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 8 Cornish game hens
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Bell's poultry seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees .
Thinly slice 4 tablespoons of the butter and slide the pieces under the breast skin of the hens.
In a large bowl, mix the rice, coconut, pecans, poultry seasoning and onion. Divide the stuffing evenly among the cavities of the hens. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in each of the 8 cavities. Rub the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter over the outside of the hens and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
Roast the hens for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and roast 30 to 40 minutes longer, until the juices run clear.