Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (3 1/2 lbs), pounded 1/2-inch thick
- 6 thin slices low-sodium deli ham
- 6 thin slices swiss cheese
- 6 cups gluten-free cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . In a saucepan, simmer the broccoli rabe in water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, then coarsely chop.
- Lay a chicken breast, smooth side down, on a work surface. Place 1 ham slice lengthwise over half of the breast. Top with 1/4 cup broccoli rabe and 1 cheese slice. Fold the breast in half lengthwise to cover the filling; secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining chicken, ham and cheese.
- Place the cornflakes in a dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites and paprika. Coat each breast with the egg mixture, then the cornflakes; transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, whisk the sour cream, mustard and 1/4 cup water over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Discard the toothpicks. Slice each breast crosswise and drizzle with the sauce.